Sayings of Stanislav Cano Koprivica
Stanislav Ćano Koprivica je rođen 1929. godine u Koprivicama, kod Nikšića.
As he often emphasized, there were only a few people that had great influence on Cano Koprivica and his way of thinking; among them he distinguished his two great friends: a respected Jewish banker Levi Moskowitz and Mintimir Sharipovich Shaimiev, president of the Tatarstan Republic.
He used to say:
- Money is probably a stupid measurement of someone’s success, but unfortunately the only universal measure in the world today.
- Money is an extremely difficult master, but for that reason there is no better servant.
- It is not important how much money you make, it is much more important to know what to do with it.
- Money speaks languages that are understood extremely well by everyone.
- A poor man is not the one who hasn’t got a dime in his pocket, but the one with no imagination.
Zana and Dragan Dragovic, while working for the company “Montex” were very often in a position to enjoy the company of Mr Koprivica. He liked to comment on events in society, and did so in brief statements, so that the one who knew how to listen would be surprised by the profound meaning of these comments.
He liked to talk about Montenegro, life, work… They remembered some of his statements:
- “Why don’t we give Montenegro to Serbia?! They appreciate it and love it more than we Montenegrins do”.
- “Living next to Serbia is the same as sleeping with a bear. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself that he is good and kind, you keep waking up frightened at his every move”.
- “The entire world’s darkness cannot obscure the light of the smallest possible candle.”
- “There is no force that can stop the realization of this idea when the time is ripe.”
- “Great ideas come exactly when the world needs them.”
- “Nothing can debase this idea more than people with and without limited ideas and imagination.”
- “I do not need any experts to tell me what l can and cannot do. I am paying you to tell me how to do best what l am planning to do”.
- “You do not need to be a good merchant when you have the right product”.
- “Do ordinary things, but do them remarkably well’.
- “It is difficult, but possible” and “It is possible, but difficult”. Remember once and for all: These are two completely different things: night and day. I only acknowledge the first one”.
- “Don’t ever hesitate to steal a good idea”.
- “Do not be afraid to make a mistake, but by all means don’t make the same mistake twice”.
- “Irreparable mistakes in life were made only by those who were afraid to make a mistake”.
- “If two business partners agree on everything, it is obvious that one of them is superfluous”.
- “If you have resolved to change something in life, start with yourself”.
- “The secret of a successful business is in knowing something no one else knows yet”.
- “Money is probably a stupid measurement of someone’s success, but unfortunately the only universal measurement in the world today”.
- “You can be at the same time a very successful university professor and very poor, but you can never be both poor and a very successful businessman”.
- “Money is an extremely difficult master, but for this reason there is no better servant”.
- “It is not important how much money you make, it is much more important to know what to do with it”.
- “Money speaks languages that are understood extremely well by everyone”.
- “A poor man is not the one who hasn’t got a dime in his pocket, but the one with no imagination”.
- “The education that you get on the street is in most cases far better than the one you get at Harvard”.
- “Sometimes, in business, a gram of perception is a thousand times heavier than tons of accumulated knowledge”.
- “Teach young people HOW to think, not WHAT to think”.
- “A fool always finds a bigger fool (as one of his associates) than himself, to be admired by”.
- “Remember: life is not fair.”
- “You will be free only when you rise above fear.”
- “If it is perfection you seek, look in the mirror. If you find it there – then you’ll ‘probably’ find it elsewhere as well.”
- “Once you stop fighting to be better, you won’t be GOOD anymore.”
- “Happy people keep putting themselves in a position to be happy. Strange?! People prefer to be right than happy”.